What Is The NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is an Australian Government initiative for people with a disability. The scheme is run by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). The NDIS became available in Rockhampton in November 2017. The NDIS supports people aged between 0-65 years with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities.
The NDIS provides funding to participants to purchase a range of supports aimed at increasing their independence, inclusion and social and economic participation. Participants will be supported to think about goals across different areas of their life, including daily living, home, health and well-being, lifelong learning, work, social and community participation, relationships, choice and control.
The NDIS gives more choice and control over how, when and where supports are provided, and gives individuals certainty that they will receive the support they need over their lifetime. It also focuses on early intervention, where getting support early can reduce the impact of disability on individuals or their children.
Access Recreation and the NDIS
Access Recreation Inc. is an NDIS registered service provider of the following support areas:
- Development-Life Skills
- Support Coordination, including Recovery Coaching
- Assist-Life Stage, Transition
- Participate Community
- Daily Tasks/Shared Living
- Assist Prod-Pers Care/Safety
- Assist-Personal Activities
- Assist Personal Activities High
- Group/Centre Activities
- Plan Management
- Community Participation
- Household Tasks
We believe we are pretty good at what we do, and would love you to consider Access Recreation as your disability support provider. Here’s why we think it is a good idea:
- We listen to what people want and offer the best quality services
- We live local, work local
- We love seeing people achieve
- We love things to be simple and easy for you
- We build relationships, we are respectful and creative
- We will maximise your choice and control to ensure you have rich experiences and opportunities to access the life you want.
If you would like to make contact with the office to discuss how Access Recreation can support you or even to just ask some questions, you can call us on (07) 49227151. Or, if you prefer, click here to create your Individual Plan. You can just tick the things that are important to you and provide your email address so we can contact you and get things started!