Monday 9am-12pm & Wednesday 9am-12pm
Access Recreation’s life skills program, My House Rulz, provides the opportunity for participants to learn and develop everyday life skills to increase independence and control. Focusing on practical skills that participants can use immediately and in the future.
My House Rulz is a hands on program aimed at building each individual’s capacity to manage day‐to‐day life.
Life Skills Covered
- Nutrition: such as shopping and planning for and preparing a healthy meal
- Maintaining cleanliness in your home: such as housework, laundering of clothes and addressing maintenance issues or repairs
- Interpersonal communication and communicating with service providers and businesses in the community
- Safety in the home, food safety and personal safety
- Literacy and numeracy such as managing your finances and creating a budget, introduction to technology and completing forms